Aptitude is very important for every individual to get placed in a company or get placed in any Bank/Government sector jobs such as TNPSC/RBI/SSC and so forth.
What is Aptitude?
Aptitude test is nothing but identifying the competency level and specific skill of the person through assessment. These tests are done to measure the individual’s ability skills, problem-solving and how the individual is handling the situation and so forth.
Now, let us see the various tests covered in aptitude:
This test plays a vital role in all competitive exams. Verbal is all about the capability of understanding and also expressing their creative and innovative ideas using words.
Some verbal topics are:
- Critical Thinking
- Grammar and Spelling
- Vocabulary and Word Analogy
- Verbal Coherence and Cohesion
Logical Reasoning :
It is just solving mathematical problems. These tests are conducted to measure creative thinking etc from the individual.
Some logical reasoning topics are:
- Blood Relations
- Alphanumeric series
- Seating Arrangements
- Order and Ranking
- Statement and conclusion and so forth.
Quantitative is nothing but measuring the individual’s quantitative skills (i.e. problem-solving with logical and analytical skills).
Some quantitative topics are:
- Data Interpretation
- Number Series
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Profit and loss, etc.
Tips for cracking the aptitude test:
- Practice more to solve mock tests.
- Study all basic concepts of quantitative and logical reasoning aptitude.
- Increase your speed and accuracy level and try to solve them within a specific time.
- Read the newspaper and recent articles/current trends happening in the world.
- Practice more verbal ability.
Importance of aptitude test:
Aptitude test is an accurate way of measuring the strength, weakness, problem-solving skills, decision-making skills, etc. It is also the way of predicting the individual’s work contributes towards achieving the goal of the company/job.
“Success is less about luck and more about practice”. The practice is very important for every individual to get success. So practice more to achieve your success path in your career life.